In this interview we talk to Constantine Arzate, a former U.S. Marine combat veteran, a law enforcement detective and a S.W.A.T. officer who, after leaving the service and law enforcement, has started coaching people on becoming the leaders of their own life.
We first met Constantine a few years ago when we were first teaching at a workshop in Las Vegas, and his approach to leadership – as well as his knowledge of the social constructs that go into it – was something that we liked very much. In this talk, we discuss among other things:
- Constantine’s story, his journey from childhood, to the service, to law enforcement and finally coaching.
- The differences and similarities between military and social leadership.
- What it means to be a leader in your social group, and how you stand out as one.
- Why it’s important to be a self-leader.
- Why it’s better to read 5 books a year than 50.
- How to figure out if you really want to do in life, if you’re feeling unsure about it.
- How to break out of the “box” that society around you is trying to keep you in.
- How you become the leader in your social groups.
- The power of empathetic leadership.
- How becoming a better leader will change your life.
- Creating life on your own terms.
- And how speaking your mind will change your friends – and your life.
Also, go check out Constantine’s website here.