Would you like to know more about what charisma really is? How to become more socially comfortable and in control? Or maybe you want a simple little cheat-code on how to make people like you even better? Check out this interview for all these things, as well as proven conversation starters and more!
Vanessa Van Edwards is a Huffington Post columnist and her groundbreaking work has been featured on NPR, the Wall Street Journal, the Today Show and USA Today. She has written for CNN, Fast Company and Forbes. Her science of people approach has benefited both readers and corporations as Vanessa has consulted for multiple Fortune 500 companies including American Express, Clean and Clear and Symantec.
In this amazing interview, Vanessa and TJ talk about:
- Vanessa’s change from socially awkward to a social master.
- Why the skills she teaches are important to have.
- The two different kinds of responses to social discomfort.
- The difference between those who experience this discomfort and the few who don’t.
- How to start bridging the gap from being social nervous to socially comfortable.
- Charisma, what is it really?
- How to create and nurture the two main ingredients of charisma.
- The Franklin-effect, a “cheat-code” to make people like you better.
- Vanessa’s top tip on figuring out what to talk about, wether it’s on a date, at work, a networking event or whatever else.
- How to start stepping out of the “nice guy” / “good girl” role.
- A conversation starter that will help you make deeper connections fast.